The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Viking Moon

While watching the Green Bay - Minnesota game on Sunday, I was distracted by my screaming daughter as Randy Moss did his little drop trou' stunt. As such, I did not see the actual event. I did, however, hear Joe Buck's call. Hearing the call, I half expected to see Randy Moss raping and killing someone at Lambeau Field. Fox and ESPN were so shaken by this pretend moon that they refused to show clips of it during their highlight shows. When I finally got to see it I wondered what the fuss was all about.

How is a fake moon more disturbing than real punches?

These channels, and several others, had no qualms of repeatedly showing the Pacers - Pistons rumble in the Palace. Several people are now facing criminal charges from that fight, and that was worthy enough to air. Do these networks feel that showing felonies in progress is somehow more moral than a juvenile taunt?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home