The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics much bigger in Norway

Every morning before I go to work I scan the webpages of the Trib, Sun-Times, The New York Times, The Scotman and the Independent. Sometimes I'm looking for a specific story, but usually I'm just browsing for interesting stuff to read and/or blog about. But with the Muslim uproar over the Danish cartoon, I decided to get a scandinavian point of view. So I looked up the Norway Post for their take on it, and I have been scanning it every other day just for fun.

The result of this? Norway is much more psyched for the Olympics. Most US papers aren't even having it on the main story page, while the Post leads with three Olympic articles. It's probably that the bi-athlon, cross country skiing and womens curling are not all that important to America. But those Norskys can't get enough of it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's because the Winter Olypics is the only thing that Norwegians are any good at.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home