The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, May 22, 2006

An embarrassment of riches

I have never seen an entire lacrosse game. I've only seen highlights on ESPN2 and I know enough not to let my daughter hang with the Duke Team. But now my chances of watching lacrosse have increased dramaticly. Chicago is now home to not one but two teams. The Chicago Machine represent Major League Lacrosse (MLL) while the Chicago Shamrox play in the National Lecrosse League (NLL).

But I don't think I'll be going to the games. Unless I get free tickets.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder if the whole Duke scandal was invented to promote the new professional LaCrosse league? How would anyone else want to pay attention unless strppers & sex are involved? However, if the WNBA can last 10 years, then I'm sure there are people willing to pay money to watch LaCrosse. In school, most of the LaCrosse players couldn't even get their boyfriends/girlfriends to attend free of charge, let alone get anyone to pay to watch - only if strppers & sex are involved.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    Another anonymous post. Please sign in and have a beer. Relax.

    But Anonymous is right. LaCrosse from all appearances (again, I've never played it) looks like a fun agressive sport. But like rugby, Australian rules football and waterpolo I don't know if these have enough of a draw to support two teams in Chicago, which does not have a history of supporting sports beyond the four major sports.

    That's not an indictment of LaCrosse, it's just a fact.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home