The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Nick learns a valuable lesson. It pays to stay during the rainout.

On Tuesday, a series of events happened which allowed Nick and me to go to the Sox game against the Yankees. One of my vendors at work had scheduled a training seminar at the Cell and included were tickets to the game. Our company had reserved 3 seats, but since we were busy and the weather was bad nobody went.

So at 4 o'clock I get a call. My vendor has a boatload of tickets. It seems that almost nobody came to the event. They were expecting 30 odd people and about 5 showed. To keep the night from being a complete loss, he invited my entire family. But since Sarah wasn't quite feeling well, we decided that she would stay home with Scooter. So after dinner, Nick and I ventured to the Cell.

But alas, there was no baseball played on that lightly rainy night. But everything we wanted to eat or drink was provided to us. Even though we saw no baseball, we had a nice time. And since I mentioned that this was Nick's first Major League game, they bought him a t-shirt and a jersey. A $95 dollar jersey!!! I don't have any shirts that are $95.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home