The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Scottish Ale (and baby) bubbling away

This past Saturday, I blocked out the whole morning and afternoon to brew an 80 schilling Scottish Ale. This brew is to be my entry into the Drunk Monk Challenge for my brew club the Urban Knaves of Grain http://www.knaves.org/ and possibly the National Homebrew Competition. Nick and Sarah were going to be at the church to practice for the children's advent service on Sunday, so the only thing I had to do was to keep an eye on Amelia while I brewed.

And in the immortal words of Scottish Poet Robert Burns: The best-laid plans o' mice an' men Gang aft a-gley, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain For promised joy.

On Friday, Amelia came down with a nasty case of diarreha. So we began to feed her Pedialite, which does not fill her up like formula does. And as she is not filled up, she generally refuses to go to sleep. This of course makes for one angry baby. And that made for one long brewday.

But in the end, the brew seems to have come out fine. I hope the same goes for Amelia, we all could use the sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home