The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not so average

I decided to do this test since I am currently reading Kevin O'Keefe's book "The Average American" which details his quest to find the most statistically average american living today. Click here for a story on NPR about the book. It's an interesting read since he not only uses statistics, but he also discusses the notion of what is average or ordinary. And, not surprisingly, whether it is good to be as such.

It's a fair read. Some of the data and interviews are engaging, but too much of the book drags on which too little direction. I haven't finished it yet, I should by the end of the week.

You Are 50% "Average American"

You are average because you drink on occasion.

You are not average since you would pay to go in space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home