The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Once again working for the Man...

This week I started a position at Ennis Paint working as a Production Planner/Scheduler. The company is based in Texas and just acquired a plant in Niles which makes road reflectors. My job will be to plan the output of this plant to meet customer orders. Of course, my goal will be to do it as quickly as possible, as cheaply as possible yet retaining all of the quality possible. Since the company is still integrating the Niles plant into the mix, we get a new computer system on Monday. But I think everything will turn out alright.

The good news, besides the job, is that since I don't have to move anywhere I will be able to keep the law office open as well. I simply will have to limit my practice to avoid litigation. But wills, trusts, contracts, leases and other transactional stuff I can still do. Plus one hour of legal work pays the same as one day production work, so that's a nice benefit.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    http://www.nationalpolkafestival.com/

    I need to read up on how to do these link thingies, but, in other Ennis news, check out the above site for more about the National Polka Festival, held annually on Memorial Day Weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home