The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

54 bottles of beer on the wall, 28 bottles of Cider

This weekend bottled the porter which I hope to enter in the St Louis Brews Happy Holiday Homebrew Competition. It tasted nice and robust going into the bottle, but it might be a bit over the top an have moved into a stout. On Saturday I'm going to take it to The Homebrew Shop and let Ed give me some guidance.

I also blended and bottled 2.4 gallons of hard cider. To sweeten it up I blended in pear and peach nectars. It also was tasty going into the bottle.

This of course has left my fermenters empty. And a fermenter is a terrible thing to waste. I'm hoping to brew sometime around Thanksgiving, and have good stuff for the January competitions and Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home