The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Heaven in multiple glasses

Last night, I made my monthly pilgrimage to John's Buffet in Winfield for the monthly meeting of the Urban Knaves of Grain, the homebrew club which I belong to. After the 20 or so minutes of actual discussion on things like the Drunk Monk challenge and other upcoming events, the real meeting took place. Everyone got out their bottles of homebrew and the tasting began.

The beers last night were superb. The ones I remember were:
Cherry lambic that had been aged 5+ years
Imperial bourbon barrel brown ale
American Amber
Three different Christmas ales
Imperial Porter
Hefeweizen
Two different IPAs
Oktoberfest
Barleywine
Oatmeal Stout
Belgian Pale Ale
Pale Ale
There may have been more, I don't remember, but the selection was especially good last night.

Even the least of the beer served last night was pretty good. A guy new to brewing made a basic ale. Which reminded me of my first brews and how far my brewing skills and knowledge have come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home