The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

40 donors can't be wrong

This past Saturday, we had our Blood Drive at Concordia Lutheran. This was the first time we had ever attempted anything of this sort. But the response was great.

When I met with the Red Cross, the nice people who stick you with the needles, they thought that a 30 donor drive was about what we could do. But the whole congregation got behind the effort and we had 36 donors signed up by Ash Wednesday, four more came in as walk ins. In all we had 6 people who were not members of Concordia show up and give. We had 11 first time donors. It was amazing.

And the really great thing, is that the drive was not hard at all. The Red Cross basically ran the whole thing and even provided literature and posters. I got up to speak after church several Sundays to bring it home, but I rarely have problems doing that. I must have had half of the congregation tell me that this was a great idea, so it became very easy to push.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home