The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Randy Mosher likes my beer!

This Thursday, I enjoyed my monthly bacchanalia known as the Urban Knaves of Grain monthly meeting. This month we had a special guest, Randy Mosher author of Radical Brewing(one of my favorite brewing books) to do a talk on the use of sugars and spices in beer. He brought with him about 20 different sugars, peppers and spices, including 4 different type of corriander. An excellent presentation.

After Mosher's talk, the club did what the club does best, drink. Everyone brought out their brews and shared. I had brought the Aww Nuts Brown Ale which was the subject of previous posts. Well, the origins of the recipe came from Mosher's Book (I made some changes based on what I had on hand). As the evening went on, I found myself pouring a sample for him. Now, I was slightly toasted at the time, but I'm sure he said that it was pretty good and fairly complex. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home