The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It all just keeps coming back... Like bad sushi

Yesterday I read in the Independant, a brittish tabloid, that the BBC is making another Dr Who series. (For Phil's sake I am not attaching a link as it would require him to sign up for free.)

And I was thinking of all the times I begged my mom to let me stay up late (11:00 was late at the time) just to watch this show. But to be honest, I'm not sure if it stands the test of time. I mean the best characters were a robotic dog and the dalecks (I don't know if I spelled that right and I don't care enough to even do an internet search) and they really had just one line.

The weird thing is that I feel the same way about the Twilight Zone. Don't get me wrong, there are a few episodes which are classic. But since the Sci Fi channel is rerunning them at Midnight, I've come to realize that there's a whole lot a schlock between the classics.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    oh sure, blame me for you not finding a better link. Blah blah blah!

    Anyways, while I have not seen the new Dr. Who, I have read some reviews on it. They changed the format to shorter stories. I'm not sure if that would make it better or not, but it would certainly be different. It can't be as bad as that American made tv movie they did back in the 90's.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Pasmoof said…

    The original format for Doctor who when it was originally made was already very low budget. I haven't seen any of the new episodes either but I doubt it would be as good as the original. When we were all children and I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone but... We watched it with wonder and amazement because we were still very young and have not been desensitized to the world. Now in the age of computer graphics and intense storylines on tv now a days. I don't think it will hold the same magic for us as it did when we were young. Take for example the Dr. Who that came out in the 90's personally I thought it was interesting. But it can never measure up to the original shows. Technology ruined the Hokey low budget factor that made the stories interesting and fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home