The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, March 07, 2005

This is why brewers have unlisted numbers

This evening I had a very uncomfortable experience. I received my first drunken call up. For those not familiar with the term, this is what happens when past relationships, meet alcohol and combine with the ease of cellular phones. Normally what will happen is a person gets drunk and decides that they have some unfinished business with a former boyfriend/girlfriend. They then use the speed dial function on their phone and get off whatever is on their chest.

Since I have been with Sarah for 16 years, since we started dating in 1989, I have never had the pleasure of receiving this type of call.

Tonight I received a call from a coworker who I gave a six pack of my beer, as I lost a wager regarding the NFL playoffs (thanks for nothing Peyton Manning). He had previously had my homebrew and was more than happy to receive his winnings in 12 oz bottles. So last Friday I gave him a six pack including 4 brown ales and 2 scottish 70 schilling ales. Tonight he drank the scottish, I know because he called me to tell me just how great they were. And while I appreciate the complement, I'm not sure I needed the call at 9pm on my cell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home