The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Nothing if not timely

Today the FCC finally ruled that an uncut version of Saving Private Ryan is not indecent. Click here for story. Unfortunately the question came up in November on Veterans Day. Kudos for the right decision, but I think the FCC needs to be a little faster on the trigger.

The question I have is why on earth did it take so much time? It's not like Saving Private Ryan is a new movie. In fact, it had been shown on broadcast TV twice before. I just hope those folks at the FCC don't come out against Benny Hill. He's only been dead for three years. Plus I love it when he slaps that old guy on the head.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Benny Hill is corrupting the youth of America! Look at us. We watched it many times when we were younger and we're not screwed up. :D

    Seriously, while I am glad that the FCC decided that SPR was not indecent, that goes against their track record so far. I'm sure the FCC has to ride a fine line between every complaint they get and trying to decide which complaints to actually follow-up on. In the last few years, I think it's just gone way overboard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home