The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Another benefit of regular Church attendance

One of the problems of the modern homebrewer is how do you satisfy your lust for more equipment without going broke and pissing off your wife. The answer, which I should have known, is go to church.

As I was leaving Wednesday night service (study) I passed by the Fellowship Hall where the LWML (Lutheran Women's Missionary League) were setting up their bi-annual rummage sale. And standing, proud and tall, on the first table was a 6 gallon carboy. For those who don't know a carboy is a large glass jug used by homebrewers to ferment their beer. And they were willing to sell it to me for a single buck, as opposed to the $20 bucks at the brew store. Score.

But I shouldn't be surprised. After all, I made my first batch using the big soup pot in the church kitchen. All I had to do was promise Pastor a couple of bottles. Its good to be a Lutheran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home