The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

What's brewing?

The upcoming weeks feature a great deal of homebrewing activity. The Big Brew on May 7th and the first round of The National Homebrew Competition on April 30th.

The Big Brew is a congregation of homebrewers to brew, drink, learn, talk and eat. Click here.Think of networkfest, except with burners and carboys instead of computers and monitors. This year I'll be in far west suburban Wayne, IL. Brewing a porter. It should be ready by the time I leave for the National Homebrew Convention in Baltimore on June 10th. Click here for more info.

The first round of The National Homebrew Competition, Click here for more info, is holding a session at Mickey Finn's in Libertyville, IL. Two years ago I won third place for Brown Ales in this competition. I hope my Scottish and Brown Ales are as successful this year.

It should not surprise any of you that I tend to do my blogging with a bottle or two of beer sustaining me. This does account for the uneven writing and spelling errors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home