The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Those in glass houses....

Recently on Law & Order (I'll wait until you make that dun-dun sound in your head) the police were investigating the murder of a federal judge. One of the officers suggested that they look for someone in a Tom Delay T-shirt. This quip was to much for Rep. DeLay. Click here for story.

This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse," DeLay wrote in a letter to NBC President Jeff Zucker. "I can only assume last night's slur was in response to comments I have made in the past about the need for Congress to closely monitor the federal judiciary, as prescribed in our constitutional system of checks and balances."

Slur? Dude, it a throw away joke. And DeLay should talk. In the past DeLay said, "We will look at an arrogant, out-of-control, unaccountable judiciary that thumbed their nose at Congress and the president." I also found this site of Tom DeLay Quotes, and as I realize that all of these quotes may be fake, but if even one is real Rep DeLay should just shut up.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Pasmoof said…

    A rep that should shut up? Now that is a novel concept.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Pasmoof said…

    Pete,

    I Don't remember leaving the above comment. I don't even use the phrase Novel concept. Can you do me a favor if you have the original email that went with this post can you forward it to me?

    Not to sound like an idiot but Who is Rep. Delay. I don't really follow politics and after reading this I think he's some kind of politician. Am I right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home