The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, October 03, 2005

What will I cross the Loop for?

Today, while I was heading downtown to file some docs at Federal Court, I heard on the radio that some of the Blackhawks were downtown signing autographs. I deduced that they would be at HawkQuarters and so I walked the length of the Loop to see them.

I was very suprised at the total lack of people who were interested in meeting them. When I got there I walked right up to Kyle Calder and got his autograph, I then simply went down the line and got the autographs of two other players. Including a signed puck, which is what I really wanted. All totally free.

But the hard part was realizing that, I have no clue as to what the players look like. They all basicly look like big athletic white guys. And, of course, the jersey gives no hints. The name and number are on the back. And so I'm getting a autograph of a player and trying to figure out his name from the autograph. Luckly, they each put their number after their name. Cool.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Now that would have been cool. Too bad I no longer work downtown. I would have definitely walked across the loop for that.

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Glad you got the goodies and thanks for the call about it. I got there about 6:15, but they were done and closed at 6:00.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home