The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Songs in Sport

Yesterday , on the NPR show The World, there was a story about an Italian Soccer Club which started to play the White Stripes song Seven Nation Army. According to the story, the fans reacted so posistively that the opening base line has become the favorite chant from the crowd. This reminded me of the way that Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" has become a late inning anthem at Fenway Park. Click here for story.

Then I began to think way back to my days at WIU. At football games, the band would end their show with the Ray Charles standard, Georgia On My Mind. I have no idea why they play it, but the show just wouldn't be the same without it.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can see that.

    "Colchester on My Mind" just just doesn't have the same ring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home