The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Inspiring, just don't be funny

The AFI has done it again. I wasted another night on the couch watching the list of the 100 most inspiring movies of all time. Click here for the list. I only have one problem with the list, apparently the AFI doesn't believe that a movie can be funny and inspiring. What about The Bad News Bears, Bull Durham or The Blues Brothers. Don't these movies inspire? I think they do. Even Sixteen Candles and the Breakfast Club are not listed.

And where's Stalag 17?

5 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would have to say that Caddyshack is the most inspiring movie I ever saw.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    What exactly did it inspire you to do?

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Well, Pete, what has The Blues Brothers movie inspired you to do? Provide aid to orphanages by breaking the law? Disturb other diners in restaurants? Ignore police requests to pull over? Damage public elevators? Skip out on beer tabs?

    No, I know - start a prison band!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    The Blues Brothers have inspired me to throw bottles at bands protected by chicken wire, to use 1060 W. Addison on nosy internet sites which ask for my address, to participate in any large scale dance numbers that break out in the middle of the street.

    Actually, The Blues Brothers is rather inspiring. It has two misfits taking up a quest not for themselves but for others whom they have not met. (I believe that this was the first "whom" ever used in discussing the Blues Brothers.) They face many obsticales but through their determination, divine intervention and the fact that Carrie Fisher is a lousy shot they are able to complete their task.

    And it also taught me not to swear in front of nuns.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    You didn't know not to swear in front of nuns? Didn't know anybody who went to St. Pat's growing up, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home