The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

King of Swag

My brewclub The Urban Knaves of Grain sponsor a homebrew competition every year called The Drunk Monk Challenge. This is a relatively large competition, receiving around 450 brews each year. And judging 450 beers, while I wouldn't call it work, takes a great deal of time and effort. And it takes a lot of judges, around 75.

So how do we get and keep our judges? Well we feed them and give them free stuff (SWAG!!!) And with 75 judges and nearly 90 prizes for winners, that's a lot of swag. And this year, as DMC Sponsor Coordinator, I'm responsible for all the swag.

So if anybody, and I mean anybody, has a contact at any sort of brewery, brewpub, brew shop, beer bar, or any place having to do with beer let me know pronto.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    So, the first time I read the title of this post, I was thinking of the King of Pain video from the Police. So I pictured you prancing around a bunch of beer bottles like Sting does in the video with the candle stands.

    Anyways, good luck with the swag hunt.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    I believe that's the "Wrapped around your finger" video.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard that The Police will be performing at the Grammy Awards this year, and could possibly be touring again for the first time in years this summer, starting with a summer concert at Wrigley Field - that would be really cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home