The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

What should I work up next?

My experience in homebrewing has been extremely rewarding. And I thinking of expanding my repeture. It will either be mead making, cider making or cheesemaking. But alas, I am conflicted as to which.

For those who don't know: mead is a honey wine; cider is fermented apple juice; and if you don't know what cheese is I can't help you. All of these are natural expansions for the homebrewer. The upside of mead and cider is that I can get all of the stuff I need at the homebrew shops I already frequent. The downside is that I'm still the only drinker in the house and getting Sarah's approval might to difficult as money's a little tight right now. On the other hand everybody likes cheese, but as when I started brewing, I don't know anybody who does this. Yet it doesn't seem all that hard.

This does not mean that I will stop brewing. If fact, I'm designing a stout and a bock to brew this summer.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Hmm, cheese. I vote for that!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Ah, the power of cheese! Everybody can enjoy it AND you can consume it with the beer.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Pasmoof said…

    I think a Cider would be a very interesting challenge. Unlike Cheese which I also think would be interesting. What I suggest is making both or sharing the process & cost of making both with someone else. just a thought. :) Cathee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home