The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cartoons and vegetables, the best way to get your children to stop watching TV

Turner Broadcasting, concerned that everyone's children are getting too fat, are producing a show to "rebrand fruits and vegetables". Click here for story. Elfy Food follows a band of elves on a mission to retrieve magical foods from the evil Frank Farter and his monsters, in six two-minute long cartoons. Each episode features a different fruit or vegetable, which imbues the elves with special powers - carrots become "lumo gooms" providing night vision, broccoli turns into "turbo tips", providing brain food and apples become "crunch-a-balls" offering "sportability".

Frankly, this is nothing but false advertising. I've been eating carrots my whole life and not only can I not see at night, I even have trouble seeing during the day. And I eat an apple in my lunch every day. But I'm the least sporty person I know.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Oh, I'm sure you can come up with less sporty people than you. ;)

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Pasmoof said…

    It's amazing how thing repeat themselves. When we were kids we had Smurfs and Snorks and cheesy video games but they never told me to eat my fruits and veggies.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    Lets see, less sporty? Well I do drink beer...

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Maybe some nice pinstripes would help?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home