The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Seven hours, ten gallons, countless stairs

Today I brewed an experiment I found in Zymergy. I made a porter with an oversized malt bill. This allowed me to make a small beer from the same grain. Thus I have ten gallons of beer in carboys in the brewery. But it also meant two brews on the same day. And since they were all grain brews, I had to do everything from scratch.

Considering that all my equipment is in the basement, my water and prep is in the kitchen and the brew happens outside. And every move is up and/or down stairs. My legs are exhusted.

But on the plus side, I should have the small beer done on October 8 and the porter should be done on October 29. I expect to have a party on the 29th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home