The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, November 18, 2005

great folly and wisdom in the same act

Last night I went to my beer club meeting. As usual, I had a blast. One of the guys there was sampling several of his award winning wines. And although I'm not a wine drinker, they were delicious. Besides those, there were the normal assortment of ales, lagers and some pretty freaky stuff.

But, at 10:30, as I was needing to go home. However, the brisk walk across the parking lot made it very clear to me that I was in no condition to drive. And being at the Western edge of DuPage County, the thought of walking did not make any sense.

So I did the only thing I could do. I started my car. Locked the doors. Tilted the seat back and went to sleep. I was only planning a little catnap while my body worked off some of the alcohol. But my body had other plans. I woke up at 1:30 in the morning. Now semi rested and coherent enough to drive, I drove home. I got home at 2:10.

Sarah, of course, was already in bed. She knows that these meetings can go quite long. But she wasn't upset at the time that I came home. She was mad that I failed to do the dishes when I got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home