The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Most Inappropriate Prom Songs

With prom season in the air, Spike on WGN was discussing the cost of prom. Several callers were telling stories of several thousand dollars. But I followed a tangent in the conversation to keep my sanity, what are the Prom Songs that callers remembered from their own proms. Then I got to thinking, what would be the most inappropriate prom song? I don't mean the worst song, but the most inappropriate to the occasion. I wanted songs that most people had heard as well.

So here is my top 5:
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Rape Me - Nirvana
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
Mack the Knife - Bobby Darin

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Here's what I thought of:

    The Police - Every Breath You Take
    Everclear - Stacy's Mom
    The Beatles - Run For Your Life

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Hmm, I think that Stacy's Mom song is done by Fountains of Wayne.

    Anyways, here's my additions to the list:
    Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy
    Little Nikki - Prince

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Yep, Fountains of Wayne - argh!

    Discussing with Lori last night, we went from a couple more inappropriate to totally unrelated like:

    Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
    Sgt. Barry Sadler - The Ballad of the Green Berets

     

Post a Comment

<< Home