The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My lunch with Sand People

Since I have purchasing power at Ennis, salesmen are always asking to take me to lunch. As a general rule I politely decline, but this Monday was different.

We use sand on some of our markers to help them adhere to the road. Well on Thursday (a day after my order was due), our current sand supplier informed me that they doubted that they could ever supply us again with the grade that we use. So I spent the afternoon trying to get quotes for a new supplier as fast as I could. This new company was able to come in on Friday with sandwich baggie size samples. Nice but not nearly big enough. So on Monday I got 3 50 LBS boxes of sand, which was approved by QC. Then I ordered a tote (1.25 ton) that afternoon.

As they provided excellent service, I accepted their hospitality when I was asked out for lunch. We went to a nice Italian place. But on the drive back to the plant, we rode single file to hide our numbers.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    That's great, Pete - a great chuckle to start the day! Wheee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home