The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I should hang the new ceiling fan, but Rock Island isn't that far...

Saturday, Sarah and Rebecca are going up to Gurnee Mills to get a head start on their Christmas shopping. Nick and Scooter are spending the day with Grandma. Which leaves me all alone. So, I planned to get some things done around the house, like putting up the new ceiling fan Sarah bought.

But...

I got an e-mail from Steve McKenna, Beer Judge Teacher. Apparently the beer club in the Quad Cities, Mississippi Unquenchable Grail Zymurgists, or MUGZ, is holding their annual Land of the Muddy Waters Homebrew Competition on Saturday. And they're looking for judges. And I'm a judge. And my Porter should be ready by Saturday. And if I judge I can get my porter entered into the competition. And they'll feed me and serve me good beer to drink for free.

And I'm going to Rock Island on Saturday.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    A solid decision, counselor. Ceiling fans may be hung anytime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home