The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Am I a Sooner or a Cowboy?

Folks in Tulsa don't really talk about Pro Football. They don't really talk about baseball. They wouldn't know a hockey conversation even if they were in the middle of it. Office small talk revolves around college football. By the end of my first week, I could tell who roots for which team. They decorate their offices and cubes to show their loyalities.

Western only plays one sport, basketball, at a national level. And it doesn't play it well. I am surrounded by red and orange. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking I might have to go and get an MBA at OSU so that I will be acknowlegded on Monday mornings.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    When you're not acknowledged on monday mornings it has nothing to do with what team you support. It's just you. ;)

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Walk in on Monday with a hearty "Hook 'em Horns!" and you'll get plenty of attention.

    Actually, this is exactly what I felt moving to Indianapolis. People identified as either Indiana U or Purdue U fans, in spite of pro football and basketball teams in town. Pro baseball was politely acknowledged. Pro hockey was a mystery to most.

    Don't despair - November 2nd is the Oilers' opener. Take Nick and buy a t-shirt.

    I'm a big Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs fan, though. Go 'bugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home