The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tulsa State Fair

Tulsa, by pretty much every possible measure, is not a state. This does not prevent the organizers of the Tulsa State Fair, which has taken place this past week.

Despite the inherant issues with the name the fair was quite enjoyable. My work gave us some free passes and so we headed out to the fair with my boss and our engineer. Everyone had a good time. Nick got to ride some rides, Scooter got to look at many animals including Zebu and horses. Sarah go a chance to meet some of my coworkers and their families. And I got a free gun lock.

Yes the Tulsa police were giving away gun locks to whomever wanted one. And no, I don't own a gun, and it was all I could do to not laugh when I saw the big basket of gun locks with a sign saying "Take One, Courtesy of the Tulsa Police". And my natural instict to take whatever is given to me for free and not wanting to disobey a police order, I took one. Can you imagine getting a free gun lock in Illinois. I don't think so.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    http://www.projectchildsafe.org/tour_info.cfm?state=IL&ShowAll=Yes

    Here is a list of police departments in Illinois that give away free gun locks as part of a free gun safety kit. Many more do it without belonging to a special program or waiting for an event.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Zebu? Wasn't that one of the Masters of the Universe? Oh, no - no - humped cattle...right. Never mind.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you just need to get the gun rack mounted on top of the minivan, and you're all-set! Maybe you can convert the gun lock to something useful for your homebrew kit - I doubt it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home