The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Beatles and more proof I'm getting old

The other day I was listening to Sgt. Pepper's, and I came across the song "She's Leaving Home." I hadn't heard that song for ten years. Back then I always identified with the story of the daughter striking out on her own, looking for more in the wide open world.

But this time, I completely understood the parents. They gave her everything, but no, it wasn't enough for this girl. And she just walks out in the early morning without saying good-bye. What are the parents to think? Obviously they cared for her, but she simply doesn't care for them.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Philip Young said…

    Dude. You are old. Welcome to the 30's. Grey hair starts coming in more. You start to identify with the parents instead of the kids in literature. Kids get to keep you awake all night when you just want to sleep. Watch out, that first pair of bifocals is right around the corner.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Peter Young said…

    Bifocals I can deal with. Its the dietary restrictions I'm worried about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home