The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Darn, that's the end.

Just like the Schoolhouse Rock song, my trip out east was filled with interjections. They were as follows:

Huh? When the directions I received from my father in law sent me the wrong way. And at 11 pm the mountains of Eastern Pennsylvania are really really dark.

Whoa. When the temperature stayed at 85 degrees at night.

Ahhh. When I went into the coal mine, a delightful 50 degrees. The tour guide thought I would be cold. After 3 days of hot and humid weather, I was in heaven.

Yum. When we all went to the ice cream store which even by Eastern Pennsylvania standards is in the middle of nowhere, but it seemed like everyone in the county enjoyed the drive and the ice cream.

Ha. When it rained during our trip to the local amusement park.

WOW. When he rain cleared up just enough for Sarah, Andrew and me to ride the Twister Rollercoaster. It was great.

What. When my 4 year old told me that he wanted to get out of the canoe, a mere 10 minutes after we rented it.

Cool. When I went to Fort McHenry in Baltimore, the fort which withstood the English barrage during the War of 1812. The bombardment of Fort McHenry was the inspiration for the Star Spangled Banner. A lot of neat things, but not nearly as much as I expected. More in another post.

Yeah! The insane amount and quality of Food, Beer and people at Club Night during the convention.

Sure. What I said to almost everyone who offered to fill up my cup and plate at Club Night.

Oooff. What I said when I finally made it back to my room after Club Night.

Hmmm. What I thought during the seminars on Saturday. I just might try that.

Excellent. What I said when I bought a ticket for $13 to Saturday's Oriole game at Camden Yards, just 2 blocks from the hotel.

Whew. When I finally walked up to my seat a mere 3 rows from the top of the upper deck. $13 don't get you much in Baltimore.

Darn. What I said when I reached the Skyway (please remember that I had two kids in the car). As it took me as much time to traverse the Skyway as it did to cross the entire state of Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home