The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've taken up smoking

Well, not really. This week I've been in Orange County for my job. All around us, but not close enough to physically be dangerous, are wildfires. When we leave our hotel, it smells like a raging campfire. Ash falls like snow. I haven't needed my sunglasses as the smoke makes the sun shine an eerie orange.

Even flying in, the normal smoggy haze was replaced by a thick opaque dirty brown. I've probably "smoked" a packs worth of cigarettes without getting the nicotene rush. I feel cheated.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I agree. I also think that large forest fires such as this one in California should be banned by the government due to the potential increase of global warming.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home