The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Friday, December 14, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to the 20th

As I posted last time, I was scheduled to have my gall bladder out on Dec. 20th. But I will not be needing that appointment anymore. As I had it removed on Wednesday.

I had a severe gall bladder attack which lasted from 11pm on Tuesday until I went into surgery at 7pm on Wednesday. Since this was not the scheduled surgery, I was held for two nights at St John's in Tulsa. I was only released this afternoon.

On the whole, I still feel like crap. But I know longer have the sharp pain of an infected gall bladder. Instead I have the dull pain of abdominal pain from the surgery. I hope that it gets better.

There is only one funny story from the hospital stay. And it's really not that funny, nor is it a story. My surgeon made me get up and walk around the floor to help get my stomach back into shape. While walking I struck up a conversation with the floor chaplain, and since this was a Catholic hospital he was a Priest. And he was a nice guy and every bit a professional. Expect there was something about how he was dressed which I found extremely funny. He wore the standard black shoes, black pants, black shirt with the white collar that you would expect. But he had on a huge silver belt buckle, which reminded me that I'm not in Illinois anymore.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    eric told me to tell you not to eat too much grease- as you no longer have an organ to take care of it (or the bile). and you'll probably feel sore for about a week- from the gas they pumped you into a blowfish with to do the surgery - if laproscopic- though with your situation might have done it old school. Anyway, that sucks- but hope you get better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home