The Wizard of Speed and Time

Just a bunch of things I think are interesting or funny.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Meme?

In his blog, Jason tagged me. As I am unsure of the meaning of this, I will assume that he wants me to answer a series of questions. So here it goes.

How many books do you own?
I estimate around 700. This number includes my law books, a large number of scholarly texts which Sarah and I picked up during our school days. Plus a great number of cookbooks, brewing texts and mindless pulp.

Last book I bought?
It's either Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher or Exporting America by Lou Dobbs. I'm not really sure. Recently we have been borrowing books from the Berwyn Library. The two books I have recently borrowed are Cheesemaking Made Easy and Freakonomics.

Last book I read?
The easy answer is Freakonomics. But I have been thumbing through all of my brewing books on my way to and from the Beer Fest.

Books that mean a lot to me (Top five)
Animal Farm by George Orwell
parliament of Whores by PJ O'Roarke
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe
Bowling Alone by Robert Putman

The Second tier
Radical Brewing
The Brewmasters Bible
John Adams by McCullogh
Lee and Grant by Smith
Why Americans Hate Politics by Dionne

I've noticed a lack of legal books on my list. This actually does not surprise me. Law books, even the most important texts, tend to be written as reference books. Most of the interesting or argumentative books regarding the law are written by journalists.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home